About the Course
The Sarbanes-Oxley Act never mentions cybersecurity. However, the SEC has released “Commission Statement and Guidance on Public Company Cybersecurity Disclosures” which makes an issue's cybersecurity program a compliance event.
The technology and data usage exposes a collection of potential risk events that can have a material impact on corporate financial reports.
SOX Cybersecurity compliance refers to a public company implementing strong internal control processes to mitigate the identified and disclosed cybersecurity risks.
This event focuses on:
- Understanding the SEC's guidance for Cybersecurity assessments,
- Maintaining comprehensive set of policies and procedures related to cybersecurity risks and internal controls,
- Creating and operating the appropriate and effective cybersecurity internal controls,
- Addressing the issuer's disclosure obligations under the federal securities laws,
- Reminding corporate insiders of the applicable insider trading prohibitions under the general antifraud provisions of the federal securities laws and also of the obligation to refrain from making selective disclosures of material nonpublic information about cybersecurity risks or incidents.
This timely, four-hour CPE seminar is designed for internal audit management, compliance managers, controllers, CFO's and others who have to create value within the cybersecurity internal control framework.
Each attendee will receive 4 CPE Hours (YB). A certificate of completion will be provided.