The Model Audit Rule (MAR) requires that insurance operations have a sound information technology landscape. Information Technology General Controls (ITGCs) play a crucial role in achieving these objectives. ITGC controls support financial practices and ensure accurate and timely financial reports in the insurance industry.
The focus of this CPE training program includes details of:
1. Access Controls: This involves implementing controls to ensure that access to information systems and data is restricted to authorized personnel only. This includes measures such as user authentication, password policies, and access permissions.
2. Change Management Controls: This involves implementing controls to manage changes to information systems and data. This includes measures such as change authorization, testing, and documentation.
3. Data Backup and Recovery Controls: This involves implementing controls to ensure that data is backed up regularly and can be recovered in the event of a disaster or system failure.
4. Program Development and Maintenance Controls: This involves implementing controls to ensure that software programs are developed and maintained in a secure and controlled manner. This includes measures such as secure coding practices, version control, and program testing.
5. IT Operations Controls: This involves implementing controls to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of information systems. This includes measures such as monitoring system performance, managing hardware and software, and implementing system redundancy.
6. IT Security Controls: This involves implementing controls to protect information systems and data from unauthorized access, theft, or damage. This includes measures such as firewalls, antivirus software, intrusion detection and prevention systems, and security awareness training.
Overall, the training event aimed to equip participants with the knowledge and skills necessary to implement effective ITGCs for NAIC MAR Programs.
Each attendee will receive 2 Auditing CPE Hours (YB). A certificate of completion will be provided.
IT General Controls for NAIC MAR Programs
Offered every six weeks on Fridays at 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Central Time in two CPE-Credit event.
We can schedule private events on your timetable for two or more attendees.