This training event designed to equip the small businesses with the essential concepts and principles of cybersecurity.
In today's digital landscape, it is imperative for small businesses to prioritize their digital defense against ever-evolving cyber threats. This training event will provide you with the knowledge and tools necessary to safeguard your business and customer data, minimize risks, and foster a secure online environment.
Here are the major concepts and principles that will be covered in this training.
- Understanding Cybersecurity Risks: In this segment, we will explore the various risks that small businesses face in the realm of cybersecurity. We'll discuss common cyber threats such as phishing, malware, ransomware, and social engineering. By understanding these risks, you will be better prepared to identify and mitigate potential vulnerabilities in your business's digital infrastructure.
- Establishing a Strong Security Culture: Building a culture of cybersecurity within your organization is crucial. We will focus on the significance of creating a security-conscious mindset among your employees. Topics will include password management, secure data handling, employee awareness training, and the importance of regular software updates. Cultivating a strong security culture will empower every member of your team to actively contribute to your business's cybersecurity efforts.
- Protecting Data and Information Assets: In this section, we will delve into strategies for protecting your valuable data and information assets. We will discuss the importance of data classification, encryption, and secure backup procedures. Additionally, we will touch upon best practices for securing physical devices such as computers, servers, and mobile devices. Ensuring the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of your data is paramount in safeguarding your small business.
- Implementing Robust Network Security Measures: Securing your network is critical to prevent unauthorized access and protect sensitive information. We will cover topics such as firewall configurations, network segmentation, secure Wi-Fi practices, and virtual private networks (VPNs). By implementing these robust network security measures, you can create layers of defense that significantly reduce the risk of cyber breaches.
- Incident Response and Recovery: Even with preventive measures in place, it's essential to have an effective incident response plan. We will explore the key components of an incident response strategy, including detection, containment, eradication, and recovery. Understanding how to respond promptly and efficiently to a cybersecurity incident will minimize its impact on your small business.
- Partnering with Cybersecurity Experts: Lastly, we will discuss the importance of collaborating with cybersecurity professionals who can provide guidance and support. We'll explore the benefits of engaging with external experts, such as managed security service providers (MSSPs) or consultants, to augment your in-house capabilities. Partnering with the right experts will ensure that you have access to the necessary expertise and resources to enhance your cybersecurity posture.
By understanding and applying the major concepts and principles covered in this training event, you, the small business owner, will be well-prepared to bolster your small business's cybersecurity defenses.
Remember, cybersecurity is an ongoing effort that requires continuous monitoring, education, and adaptation. By investing in the security of your business, you are safeguarding its future growth and success. Let's embark on this journey together and empower your small business to thrive securely in the digital realm.
Each attendee will receive 2 CPE Hours (YB). A certificate of completion will be provided.
Cybersecurity for Small Businesses: Empowering Your Digital Defense
Being offered on Fridays every six weeks at 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon Central Time.