Effective NAIC Cybersecurity Programs
Insurance Industry CPE Event
$1,395.00 per attendee
In-Person CPE Event
Cybersecurity is perhaps one of the most important topics for the insurance industry today. This event is focused on having effective information security programs.
Insurers and insurance producers must protect the highly sensitive consumer financial and health information collected as part of the underwriting and claims processes. This personally identifiable information (PII) is entrusted to the insurance industry by the public.
We will provide guidance on having a program that will address the NAIC cybersecurity activities including:
- Principles for Effective Cybersecurity: Insurance Regulatory Guidance,
- NAIC Roadmap for Cybersecurity Consumer Protections,
- Updates to the Financial Condition Examiners Handbook concerning cybersecurity risks and protocols,
- Insurance Data Security Model Law.
The in-person event will include a review of the The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) framework for improving critical infrastructure cybersecurity. The framework provides a structure of standards, guidelines and practices to aid organizations, regulators and customers with critical infrastructures in effectively managing cyber risks.
This course is designed for professionals experienced in working with internal controls and ERM programs.
The cost of this internal audit training seminar is $1,395.00 per attendee.
Each attendee will receive 16 Auditing CPE Hours (YB). A certificate of completion will be provided.
Program Level of Understanding: Intermediate
Prerequisites: Participants should come with a knowledge of information technology.
Advance Preparation: A number of documents will be provided in advance.
Delivery Format: On-site Training (Group-Live); Seminar (Group-Live)
NASBA Field(s) of Study: Auditing
CPE Credits: 16, based on 50 minutes of instruction per hour
Offered in-person five times in two eight hours sessions in 2022 for 16 CPE credits at:
- Monday-Tuesday - June 6-7, 2022 - Atlanta, GA
- Monday-Tuesday - August 8-9, 2022 - Woodland Hills, CA
- Monday-Tuesday - October 3-4, 2022- New Orleans, LA
- Monday-Tuesday - November 28-29, 2022 - Montclair, NJ
- Monday-Tuesday - January 9-10, 2023 - Tucson, AZ